ONLY IN ETHIOPIA – 10 EXPERIENCES THAT MAY WELL CHANGE YOU FOREVER
- Meet your ancient ancestor the hominoid skeleton ‘Lucy’ at the National Museum.
- Marvel at the mystical churches of Lalibela, hand-hewen from rock to create the Jerusalem of Africa.
- Find out where he biblical Ark of the Covenant is kept in Aksum and walk in the footsteps of the Queen of Sheba.
- Visit the castles of Gondar, unique in Africa, and go back to a time of powerful kings.
- Discover the astonishing mix of ethnic groups in Southern Ethiopia and learn about their traditional ways of living.
- Wander in colorful Harar, the old walled city of more than 80 mosques, and the fourth most holy site in Islam.
- Trek the Semien Mountains, the roof of Africa, and enjoy endless vistas or hike in the Gheralta to experience the spirituality of centuries old churches dotted among steep pink cliffs.
- Explore the out-of-this-world landscapes of the Danakil Depression, the lowest and hottest place on earth, and climb the Erta Ale volcano.
- Explore the lakes and parks along the Great Rift Valley – the only geographical feature visible from the moon.
- Take a boat trip on Lake Tana, the source of the mighty Blue Nile, to discover its islands and monasteries
Source: Ethiopia Land of Origins Brochure